cute couple

cute couple
here we go

Home Sweet Home!!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New year Every one.  I have not written for a long time and I am sorry about that. A lot has been going on.  We had a wonderful sisters conference the middle of October then we moved to Yekaterinburg Russia.  We are now in the mission office Richard is in charge of the mission finances  and I am the mission secretary.  We now have a deeper appreciation for the people who have served in those callings when ever we were President.  We did not realize all you did to keep things running so smoothly.  We keep things running but we are still trying to iron out the smoothly part.  I knew the church liked reports but I never new there was so many ways to put them on the computers and i pads and i phones in word documents excel documents and pdfs tifs and jpegs and a lot of other alphabets letters put together.  The mission President really likes his reports with all the names spelled correctly and in the right zone with the right phone number and address, go figure.  He also talks to the missionaries about serving with exactness.  I am finally learning what that means, after all these years. I finally told him I leave in one mistake just to test his ability to find what is wrong with the report and to time him in finding it.  So far he is very fast getting faster.  Richard, the poor man has to deal with missionaries who lose their cards spend too much and whine that they did not get all their money for the month but rally have spent it too fast.  Then the credit card people who really do make mistakes and will not admit that to anyone.  It does take a lot of support effort to keep the work of spreading the gospel going.  We ended up at the mission office in the busiest time possible and had to jump in and try to keep up with the current. We would go to the office at 8:00 in the morning and come home dead tired at 7:00 at night.  We only eat at night so by the time we were done eating all we wanted to do was go to bed.  Things now are finally slowing down a  bit or we are getting faster in knowing what to do and how to do it.  The couple before were very good at what they did and we are trying hard to fill in the loss of them to the mission.  I keep telling myself there must be something I can give that will be worth while but a headache to the mission president is not exactly what he wants I am sure. We do not help the missionaries on lessons and I miss that even though Richard thought we were more hind-est that help.  I was exciting to watch peoples lives change and to watch the light of Christ fill their souls and in a real sense light them up with happiness.  This is more of a job and we are getting another perspective of what it takes to be on a mission.  This has been harder than I have wanted but we watch the film to the rescue and I can truly say I am thankful I have only been asked to serve in Russia and not pull a handcart. However some days it is a toss up. I really wanted to go on a mission so I could talk to people about the gospel and some days I hardly talk at all.  Most days it is just to my companion cause he is the only one who understands my language. Then when I do get to talk I say the dumbest things or totally the wrong thing.  Well enough of that.  I wish I could say we had an amazing Christmas but we did not. We loved talking to the family and we thank you for all you do for us.  I miss you all like crazy  I will accomplish this task and calling but I will love it when we can come home.  Love ya all.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you will see this but we all love you guys and miss you tons. I can't wait till Aug. 28th and we will be ready for you. You are doing an amazing job and we are so proud of you. Hang in there Marilyn

    ReplyDelete